Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Little Pretty~

It's always fun to get an unexpected little surprise.

While visiting my Mom a few weeks ago, I was admiring a lovely Edwardian Terrarium Case that my father made for her out of wooden picture frames...from a tutorial by Martha Stewart (now I've looked and looked online and can't find the tutorial, but my Mom says she has the article, so one of these days I'll scan it in and share...and share photos of my dad's creation as well. I'm such a tease, I know.)





Turns out, however, that she had another storebought terrarium hanging around (of course she did), so yesterday, when I popped over for a minute, she sent it home with me. Gotta love my Mom!! "What is this terrarium I speak of ?" you may ask...it's that cute little glass-house-looking-thingie in the background.

It now has a home on the white buffet in my living room. And, you know what? It was the perfect touch! Thanks Mom!!



Shopping Sources: Lamps..............................HomeGoods

Candlesticks.....Michael's Craft

Candles..........................Target

Pigeon figurine............TJMaxx

"H"......................Anthropologie

Bird Tray.....gift from a dear friend

Floral Frog..........gift from Mom

House number "5".......vintage from our first house

Printer block letters...Brimfield Antique Fair


EDITED TO ADD: I had some readers mention that they had seen a tutorial in Country Living. This very well may have been the tutorial my Mother has (the photo - below - looks like the terrarium my father made)...she subscribes to both magazines...but I can't get in touch with her right now to check...so I'm just going to post the link. Thanks to Nita from Mod Vintage Life and to Laura for telling me about the Country Living Tutorial!


No comments:

Post a Comment