Sunday, June 13, 2010

Birthday card



There are three cards posted today .


Tonight is the deadline for Carla's  Monday Color Challenge over on StampTV so I have another post today.  The colors to be used are pink, orange and green.  I would never think of this combination on a card but orange and pink are my granddaughter Shannon's favorite colors.  Everything in her room is orange and pink. 

I started by using a design paper from the Mariposa stack.  I purchased this pad from Joan's Gardens.  The orange paper with the butterfly design was my inspiration to use the butterfly from Gina's new StampTV kit "Enjoy the Sunshine".  The butterfly and flowers were colored using Copic markers.  The corners were die cut with a Cuttlebug corner die and the greeting was sponged prior to taking it out of the die.  A strip of grass was cut with a Martha Stewart punch and added to ground the flowers.  This ended up being a fun challenge and I love how it turned out.  Shannon's birthday is just a few weeks away so this will be her birthday card.  I'm sure she will love it. 

Now I'm off to submit this card for the challenge.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment