Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blowing Bubbles

Hello! Happy middle of the week!

I've started experimenting with coloured pencils and this is my very first Tilda card coloured with my Prismacolors. I luuvvvv colouring with my markers, but I'm beginning to love my Prismas also.


This image from Magnolia's Fairy Tale Collection--I love that collection--is called Bubbling Tilda. Awww... isn't she adorable?

This card is my entry for the current challenge at the Magnolia-licious Birthday Bash blog of Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group. The theme is Bling it!

I have used Mina's wonderful sketch that she created for Week 59 of Just Magnolia Challenge Blog.

I am also entering the challenge at Stamp Something - this week it's a Happy Somethings challenge.

Also, this is for Sir Stampalot Challenge, a monthly challenge blog and their theme for June is Punch It!




Since I was actually just fooling around with coloured pencils with this first Tilda image, I didn't have the proper paper. I was using a plain cardstock that you would use for your printer--hardly any tooth, too smooth for me. The resulting colours here aren't as solid as I would like them to be. For the next time, I will have to use a different paper with more tooth on it--probably bristol board/paper.

I have added a gloss medium to the bubbles to make them glisten. You have to blow up the picture to really see that.


Sigh...my laptop is still acting up. I did managed to restore it...somewhat, but now it's soooo.... slowwww..... Everything is taking about 5 times longer to download, so there's still something wrong with it. More for me to do--if I can only figure out what...LOL.

Thank you so much for dropping by for a visit. Enjoy your day!


Stamp: Magnolia Bubbling Tilda from the Fairy Tale Collection.
DP's: Creative Imaginations Sonnets Sea, a page from Me& My BIG Idea Holiday Stack.
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities standard circles large, Sizzix Sizzlits die decorative strip Circles, Provocraft Cuttlebug Asterisks.
Misc.: Michaels Stores' rhinestone stickers, Studio 18 rhinestones, Deserres gloss medium.
Medium: Prismacolor coloured pencils.





No comments:

Post a Comment