Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vellum Lilac Flowers Mini Tutorial









Last night while I was watching TV I was using my Martha Stewart punches to punch out petals for more vellum flowers.  While I was punching out the smallest petals in purple, I was thinking, I bet these tiny petals could be shaped and attached to a beautiful lilac stamp that I have.  I decided to give it a try.  Above you can see my finished card, a closeup of the punched vellum flowers attached to the stamped design, and then a picture of the supplies used to do this.

The lilac stamp used is one I have had for many years.  It is by PSX (1994).  I have been collecting flower stamps for years.  It was stamped on white card stock and colored with Copic markers.  Yellow chalk was used around the design.  I shaped the tiny petals with the stylus  and using tweezers, added a tiny spot of glue to the bottom then started attaching them to the stamped design.  I had two shades of purple vellum so used both colors to give some depth to the flower. The reason I colored the design with Copic markers first  was because I was sure some of the stamped flowers would show, especially on the tips.  I was right, so it was important to color the image before gluing down the vellum flowers.  Cuttlebug corners were added to complete the front.  The design was then attached to a piece of  card Vibrant Violet card stock from Gina K Designs.  I love this color of purple with the flowers. 

I really like how this turned out.  What do you think?  Does it look pretty realistic?  One more thing I can do with my vellum flowers!

You can purchase the vellum and Martha Stewart punches from Joan's Gardens.

Well we are off to enjoy some time with our kids and grandkids.  Hope you are having a fun summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment