Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Little "Jewelry" For Your Shades

Sorry!...despite the promise to post photos of the completed headboard today, I didn't get any pictures taken. It was finally a decent day in Oregon and we took full advantage of this rare summer moment and spent nearly the entire day outside! It has been the wettest June on recorded history in Portland, with the days feeling and looking more like cool wet fall days than the first days of summer. We were beginning to feel cheated, but not today. And as for the photos...let's try again tomorrow!

In the meantime, look at these gorgeous decorative shades pulls from Zwick Window Shade Co. in Chicago.


While designing Isabella's bedroom last summer I had intended to install roller shades that I would customize with trim. The shades were to be layered behind the drapery panels made for the room. But isn't there nearly always a point in a project where either the budget or energy runs dry, with a few final projects being put aside for a later day?!


This was just such a project. But with the arrival of the longer summer days, I am realizing a darker room in the morning might help Isabella sleep past the crack of dawn. So, finally shades are going to be hung on her windows. I'll be using simple roller shades but will dress them up. One design element I definitely wanted to add were beautiful decorative shade pulls and look the lovelies I found during my search!


Jewelry for shades, most definitely!!


I've ordered a style, but I'm not telling you which one just yet!


More on this project in the next couple of weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment