Thursday, June 10, 2010

Frugal Friday~

Some of you may remember a few weeks back when I was discussing the fact that I wanted an overscale photo for my boys' sock monkey bedroom. Well, I did a lot of research trying to find a product that was what I wanted in a price that wouldn't break the bank.

Finally, while I was cleaning out my "favorites" file, I ran across a post that I had bookmarked a couple of years ago about creating vinyl wall clings. Turns out, it was exactly what the doctor ordered.



Wallhogs is a company that specialized in creating large art prints from your photographs or digital prints. They don't only create vinyl clings, they also use an adhesive backed fabric called PhotoTex, glossy posters, or canvas. They can make an image up to 7 feet! And the adhesive backed fabric and vinyl clings can be removed or repositioned without damaging the wall. (perfect for renters!) But, the best part? Their prices!! SUPER AFFORDABLE!!


Here's the picture of the hubby that I wanted to put on the boys' wall.




I uploaded it to Picnik.com and played with the colors until I got a sepia/brown combo that I knew would work in the boys' room (I thought the black and white wouldn't go over so well.) Then I made sure it was at a high enough resolution to enable a large print. After all that, I hopped on the Wallhogs site, followed their easy instructions and in a few days I had my 4 foot vinyl cling.



I must admit, it was a little time consuming to install...and it took 2 people...but I just love the result!! (Although I've decided it doesn't look nearly as large in the photos as it does on the wall..hmmm.)




And for those of you who are wondering...no Wallhogs didn't pay me for this post....I was just really impressed.


Now it's your turn!

You know "da rules"...

1. Link directly to your post and not just to your blog.

2. Please link back to the Shabby Nest so that others can enjoy the Frugal Goodness!

3. Comment, comment, comment. Show our participants the love!!





No comments:

Post a Comment