Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Seating Ideas For The Master Bedroom Redesign

While catching up on some of the many blogs I follow, this image caught my eye at Alice Lane Home.


Seeing this settee caused me to rethink the furniture plan for the below corner of the master bedroom. In this original design there was no room for a seating area, which I've missed having in my bedroom. With the goal of creating room for one, the armoire was sold. It was only housing an old TV anyway.


Look at the nice space that has opened up in its absence! Here I had planned on placing the (soon to be) reupholstered bergere chair, with a TV mounted on the wall and a narrow console below. The sight of the gorgeous settee opened my eyes to the possibility for more ample seating, something that can actually be lounged in! (For all those moments I lounge...)


To get a sense of what something larger would feel like here, I brought in the two slipper chairs I had reupholstered last year. They provide a good visual for how a larger piece would look in the room, and I like it. A TV would still be placed above, but the wiring could be run to the other side of the room, with the equipment placed in the open shelf on one of the nightstands. I believe there are remotes that don't need to be pointing directly at the media equipment to work. This would eliminate the need to house anything below the TV, and thus freeing up the area to create a true seating area. In a small room such as this it's important to get strategic with the layout!


Here are some ideas for alternative seating. Very feminine. These styles would introduce an interesting mix paired with the strong clean lines of the headboard. I wonder what my husband will think of them...




I've ordered some swatches and will give it all some thought...but I'm kind of excited!

And as for televisions in a bedroom, people can be very divided on this topic. Obviously I've expressed my thoughts on this matter. I really do enjoy catching up on my favorite shows in the dark hours of winter, while sitting all comfy in bed! What about you, do you have a TV in your bedroom?

Settee options from Ballard Design

No comments:

Post a Comment