Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Table Lamp Happiness!

Happiness perfectly describes my feelings about the table lamp transformation! Here are the finished lamps and I couldn't be more pleased with the result.

The project began by finding a pair of gourd lamps at HomeGoods. The first job was to correct the color problem, cobalt blue is not a part of the color scheme for the master bedroom! Then better quality shades were picked up at Lamps Plus, followed by a search for a fabric to cover the shades.


I selected Waverly's Canton Bazaar fabric in walnut. This chinoiserie print has a fun, quirky nature, but also an air of sophistication. The fabric is placed differently on each shade, highlighting the elephant on one and the figures under a canopy on the other.


The high gloss finish creates a look that appears more expensive than their $39.00 price tag, in my opinion! I had never used this protective finish before and was surprised how well it worked.


The lamps showcasing their "before" stage above...and their "after" below.


I also elected to paint the black bases the same color as the lamps. I thought doing this would result in a cleaner, more sophisticated design.


There is a very faint green accent color in the print, and I used this as the guiding inspiration for selecting a ribbon trim.


The master bedroom these will be placed in is currently a bit of a work zone, so for now I've placed them on the big round table I work at in the living room. I love how the sun is reflected on their surfaces in these photos.


And what project is next? An expanse of Bocce fabric will be run up the center of one wall, creating a headboard. That work starts later today, and I'll let you in on a secret...for this project I'm calling in a friend to help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment