Monday, June 21, 2010

Easel Box Card


I have seen several easel box cards and thought they looked so neat.  I'm not sure how I found it but this morning I came across Joani's blog and her tutorial for making this box.  Here is the link to Joani's tutorial.  It was very well written and easy to follow.

I used red card stock to match the paper I wanted to use from the Mariposa paper stack.  I love this paper.  I followed Joani's tutorial for the box then decorated it the design paper.  I used two JustRite stamp sets "Birthday Wishes" and Victorian Wishes".   Victorian Wishes is a brand new release this month.

To decorate the top of the card I arrange some of my red vellum flowers around one corner of the sentiment.  Some yellow Flower Soft was added to the middle of the flowers.   A small red Martha Stewart punched butterfly was added.  This portion folds down flat on top of the box.  On the top of the box I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Wishes set and cut it out with a Nestie.  A piercing tool was used to pierce holes in each scallop.  It was attached with dimensionals on top of the red Martha Stewart punched border.  Small pieces of the design paper were added to the front of the drawer and the sides of the box.  A black button was added for the drawer pull.  I plan to put a gift card in the drawer of this box for a birthday gift.

The Mariposa paper, vellum, Martha Stewart punches, Nestabilities, Flower Soft and the JustRite stamps sets can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.


I love making new projects and want to thank Joani for this easy tutorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment