Thursday, March 25, 2010

Frugal Friday Linky Party (and a project)~

Welcome to this week's edition of the Frugal Friday Linky Party. Remember how I've been promising to share my own Frugal Friday post ? Well, this week I've finally done it. Today I'm talking about pretti-fying pillow cases.

When I was redo-ing our master bedroom, I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for in the pillow case department. So I decided to create my own. Well, to be honest, all I did was embellish a pair of store bought cases.

I purchased a pair of white wrinkle free pillow cases, and then all I did was sew on some ribbon. Easy peasy.

What's that you say? You don't sew? No problem. Even someone who has never sewn can do this project. All it involves is one straight line of stitching.




Pick out a ribbon of your choice, and then simply stitch it along the seam of the pillow case edge. In my case, I decided to add pleats to my ribbon. But I am not super picky when I do this kind of thing, so I didn't fold and pin...no I didn't. I just folded the ribbon as I sewed....eyeballing it for spacing. Truly, it was soooo easy, and it turned out beautifully.

So pretty, in fact, that I use the cases more like pillow shams...they add just the right touch to my bedding. (And all for pennies!!)

Now it's your turn!!

You know "da rules"

1. Link directly to your post, not just to your blog.
2. Link back to the Shabby Nest so that other's can enjoy the frugal goodness as well!
3. Comment, comment, comment...show our participants "the love"!

Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment