Thursday, March 18, 2010

Home Office Redesign Updates

Look at what was just unloaded into my garage. The newly lead free cabinet, which will soon be put back into the Home Office Redesign. I can't believe how great it looks. Even the hardware has been stripped of old paint.


Seeing it in this state I know my decision to have the professionals strip it of lead paint was the right one. I can now bring it into the home knowing it is safe, while a bit of family history has been preserved. A big thanks to the guys at Houck's!


Now I need to decide how to finish the job...stain, paint or attempt to recreate the worn patina?

While I think about that decision, let me show you the completed chair for this room. See the start of the project here. Nailhead trim has been applied, running up the outer lines of the Atwood wingback chair. I am loving this accent. Should it come as a surprise that I've noticed a couple other pieces around the house that could benefit from a similar treatment?




Is there an item you'd like to add nailhead trim to?

No comments:

Post a Comment