Monday, March 8, 2010

New Projects!!

I am excited to be starting two new redesign projects, one beginning this week and the other later in the spring.

The first is Max's room, a Big Boy's Bedroom. He has patiently waited for me to get to his room over the last year, watching me work on the Girl's Dream Bedroom for Isabella, the Living Room Redesign for myself and the Home Office Redesign for his Dad.

(By the way, the office is currently on hold as I wait for the Hoosier Cabinet to be stripped of its lead paint. Once returned I'll refinished it and wrap up all the little details to bring that project to its completion.)


For Max's Big Boy's Bedroom I will be working with the items already in the room, pieces that were brought together the first time I designed a room for Max in our previous home. The plan includes refinishing the table between the beds, reinventing the table lamps, painting the walls, hanging a new ceiling fixture and figuring out how to help the existing pieces work more successfully in this new room. All while sticking to a strict budget.


The second project is a family room, a space I selected from those submitted to my recent casting call post. This is a new construction home and while very nice, lacks the details and finishing touches to bring the space to the next level. I chose this project because I think it is one that many people will be able to relate to, how to take a room from okay to great through creativity and attention to detail. One of the inspirations for this room is yellow, a wonderful color that has recently been getting a lot of attention. I'll begin working on a design board in the next week with the work starting later in May.


And up tomorrow? Look for a fun little interview I had with Max, in which he shares opinions and requests for the redesign of his room!

No comments:

Post a Comment