Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Painting Maps In The Big Boy's Bedroom

During my interview with Max I learned that high on his list of priorities for his bedroom was to rid the room of its plain walls and bring in a map. I decided to do more than bring in just one. Now that the chalkboard stripe is done, the next project for this room is to paint sections of the globe throughout the room.


I printed several maps depicting areas of the globe and showed them to Max. He selected his favorites and I pulled out the paint brushes.


Using a dark paint Alaska was outlined with a small painters brush.


Then Canada was added.


Followed by Greenland and Iceland. Max's reaction after arriving home from school: "Greenland is icy and Iceland is not." Okay...smarty pants.


After the outlines were complete the land areas were painted a couple shades darker than the wall color.


Next, on to another wall and Australia. I hope to finish this project quickly, otherwise I'll have one disappointed boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment