Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Max Shares His Thoughts On Design

I got the silly idea that it would be fun to "interview" Max in his room prior to the start of his bedroom redesign. I always do this with my other clients, why not him? I did end up learning a few things about his design preferences and perspectives through this exercise.

Mom/Designer: "What are your favorite colors?"


Max/Client: "Black is my favorite color and it might be yellow in the future."
(Hum, a forward thinking client, I like that.)

Mom/Designer: "Is there anything you don't like about your room in its current condition?"


Max/Client: "That the walls are plain."

Mom/Designer: "Okay. How do you like a room to look?"


Max/Client: "Hum, like...not plain. I like them designed."
(Seriously, he said this. I love my children...)

Mom/Designer: "What do you like to do in your room?"


Max/Client: "Sleep."

Mom/Designer: "Yes, that makes sense. Is there anything else you like to do, or would like to be able to do in your room?"


Max/Client: "Read. Look at artwork. Make artwork."

Mom/Designer: "Is there anything we can bring into the room for these activities?"


Max/Client: "Chalkboard. C-H-A-....I don't know how to spell it."

Mom/Designer: "Is there anything else you would like to see added to the room?"


Max/Client: "Hum, yeah, a map on the wall, anywhere."

Mom/Designer: "Do you have a favorite interior design style?"


Max/Client: "Real."

So there you have it. Thanks for your patience with me Max.

While we were doing the interview I got a call, he wanted to get on the phone and this is what he said. "I'm doing this boring interview with my mom..."


Okay, fair enough. As for the information I got from our talk, I'm bringing in a bit of the color black with the reinvention of the table lamps, and did get several other ideas as well. Look for the lamp redo tomorrow.


He is so out of here...

No comments:

Post a Comment