Thursday, March 11, 2010

Goodbye To The Plain Walls - Big Boy's Bedroom


On Max's list of requests for his room redesign was a chalkboard, the color black and his wish to get rid of the plain walls. What solution comes to your mind? What occurred to me was that I could address all these wishes with one item...chalkboard paint. So yes, hang in there with me, here comes another project using chalkboard paint.

First step, replenish my supply of Frog Tape...this stuff is amazing!


I decided to paint one wide stripe of chalkboard paint around the perimeter of the room, at just the right height for Max to draw on it. After measuring where to place the lines, I applied Frog Tape along the edges above and below the area to become the chalkboard.




Afterwards the stripe was painted with a tinted primer, all done by mid morning so I could get to some other work!


Then, with Max camped out in Isabella's room (his room was too stinky), I was able get the coat of chalkboard paint applied last night. Hopefully I'll find an hour today to cover the stripe with chalk. That is when you get to see how the final result is really going to look. I also have an idea of how to treat the walls above the chalkboard stripe, but more on that later.


In the meantime look at this fabric!! No, it is not going in this room...but while browsing for fabric ideas for Max's room I got distracted. I need to fast forward and find a use for this fabric asap. It is speaking to me on every level.


This fabric just showed up at Calico Corners and is named Surankari. I am biding on a chair I found on eBay tonight, should I win I know what fabric will be used in its makeover. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment