Monday, March 1, 2010

A Modern Take On The Wing Back Chair For The Home Office Redesign

The Atwood chair from Van Gogh Designs arrived this past Friday. The chair was ordered for the Home Office Redesign after I hung the newly finished drapery panels. Suddenly the chair originally planned for this room looked too stark against the dark tones of the Turkestan drapery fabric. See here.


The style of this chair is inspired by the Wing Back chair, but with simplified lines. I was so excited when I pulled back the wrapping materials. It looked exactly how I had envisioned and was very well made, with the grain of the fabric running straight across the frame and the welts sewn evenly. With a background in fashion I can't help but notice these things!


I selected a tailored fabric, called Soho in Bark, for this chair. It compliments the Turkestan drapery fabric very well.


I couldn't be happier with the chair placed in the room. But that doesn't mean I don't have a couple more plans for it.


I picked up this vibrant chartreuse fabric to sew a lumber pillow, which will add a great punch of color...and how about some nail head trim? It may run along the bottom edge of the chair.


But I think a trim running up the arm of the chair will accent its lines and be even more interesting.


Check back tomorrow to see how far I get on these two projects! And now I need to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment