Monday, February 1, 2010

Chalkboard Wall Progress


This past Friday I started painting the Home Office Redesign feature wall with chalkboard paint. I have to say I am very excited about this wall and my plans for it!


First, I edged the area with tinted primer...


and then painted the entire wall with the primer.


The next day I edged the wall with the chalkboard paint...



followed by painting the remaining surface. The color is reading a very dark blue/black. Once the surface is covered with chalk the color will become more muted and work great in the room. Plus, a portion of the wall will be covered with art and frames. Thanks, by the way, for all the tips on where to find frames at a steal. I've begun searching for a few based on your suggestions.


Yesterday I got to the cover the entire wall with chalk part of the project, which was actually a lot of fun. The surface was covered using the edge of chalk sticks. This took a lot of sticks.


Before using the chalkboard wall this step is necessary. If the surface is written on before it is rubbed with chalk, I'm told you'll have a hard time erasing the writing off completely.



Finally the area is all covered. I actually loved how it looked at this stage. Can I just leave it?!



Then, with my favorite help, the chalk was rubbed into the wall.






Come back tomorrow to see the completion of this step and what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment