Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My newest obsession



Vintage white dishes!


The above are not vintage white dishes. These are our everyday dishes I picked up from Costco a couple years ago or so. I LOVE white where food is concerned.

Did you know a white background makes food look more appetizing? Look up any chef. They always use white, as it's the perfect canvas for any tone of food. Just a note of interest: chefs use WHITE WHITE, not off white. Get a plate of both, filler up and you'll see what I mean. The food absolutely pops against crisp whiter than white.


While there's certainly nothing wrong with our everyday variety, I just LOVE the detail of the thrift store ones I'm finding. I pick up one piece at a time, not having a care in the world that they're all different. In fact, I LOVE the mix of different hues and scalloped ridges. Mix and match eclectic is simply magic. I even use white mugs for my coffee. :)


Doesn't much matter to me even how large or how small the plates are.


They look wonderful layered with vignettes. I have them all over the place.


At 50 cents a pop, it's a pretty small price to pay for such glamour. :)


Here's a shot from Get Your Martha On. I had this image on my desktop for the longest time. I just loved the simplicity of the whole thing.


Have you seen Southern Hospitality's diningroom yet? LOVE this wall!

We haven't eaten off the 'pretty plates yet.' And I'm not even sure why. I'll try them out tomorrow for fun.


After I gut a few vignettes that is...

So gone are the days that my dishes will all match in the future. I really LOVE this new diverse look!

Do you use everyday white dishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment