Friday, February 12, 2010

A Small Valentine's Day Gesture

With Valentine's Day approaching, I decided to frame numbers of the date my husband and I met to hang alongside the other images on the art wall in his office.


The project started out just fine. I lightly sanded the frame and painted it with a tinted primer.


Afterwards I mixed a few paint colors to get a yellow ochre with green undertones.


On its own this color looks questionable, I know! However, I thought one strong colored frame among all the black frames on the art wall as an accent would be unexpected and interesting. The color was inspired by the aged golden tones in the photos by Mrs. Limestone, and you have to admit, it does look striking once hung on the chalkboard wall alongside the more muted colors.


All was going well until I laid the frame on the paper with the other frames to work out the layout. After walking away, I heard a chewing sound...Roscoe!


It was repainted, not exactly fixed but salvaged.




I then stamped the date we met on a silver gray paper. After a few tries I had a stamped date that looked nice and placed it in the frame.


I returned it to the paper layout to see how it looked, and mistakenly left it there...


Yes, the dog got the other corner. I certainly should have known better. Another repair...this frame is getting more than its fair share of character rather fast I'd say.


The other corner was repaired while painting another frame for the project. Then it was ready to be hung, finally out of the dog's reach.


Happy Valentine's Day, I'm so happy we met!

And the art wall is nearly done. All the paper has been removed. The only remaining task is to have my husband break in the chalkboard by writing on it. He was on a trip, but now that he is back I'm handing him some chalk. Let's see what he writes, check back on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment