Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Art Wall: Not Done Yet, But Nearly!

The "paper wall of frames" was hung up on the chalkboard wall Tuesday evening. Then yesterday, during a break between appointments, I swung by the house to see if I could get the frames hung while grabbing some lunch. (Why do one thing if you can do two?!)


I love this OOK hardware for hanging pictures. It helps make hanging any type of frame simple and you can find a large selection of their products at Home Depot.


The top edge of the paper was taped to the ceiling but it wasn't staying in place. The solution? Push pins were pushed through the paper into the wall at each spot a nail would later be placed.


It worked perfectly, holding the paper in place until the hardware could be attached at these points.


This wasn't planned, but once I started hanging the art I decided to do so directly on top of the paper. It proved to be very helpful, ensuring each frame got hung accurately within its outline.


Then the frames were hung, one by one.










I started to remove the paper but then my time was up. I did say I wanted this project done by the end of the week and the week is not up yet...soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment