Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cool acrylic paint storage idea


I've been wanting to build up some stock in acrylic paints for some time now.

Funky Junk's Workshop Series    workshop-seires-link

When Mustard Seed Creations started her Decorative Painting 101 during the Workshop Series we're both hosting together, I knew that it was time to officially start shopping. I wanted a whole bunch of great colours to be inspired with, but knowing the 'ol budget was nil, I pouted while picking  up one measly bottle of white. Bleah.

Then one day recently I drifted through my fav thrift store. And you'll NEVER guess what I found.


EEEE! I landed a Tupperware bin full of acrylic paints, between .50 and 1.00 each! As funds were still tight, I traversed from the cashier back to the shelf twice before deciding I wanted them ALL. So $20 later, I had stock! Thank you oh thank you to whomever stopped painting! You have no idea what this little find has meant to me.

But knowing the Tupperware bin was a quick fix, I snooped around the house, only to find the perfect storage solution for my new little bottles of gold. :) (can you believe Tupperware was in spellcheck?!? Wonder when Funky Junk will be... hmph!)


Oh my COKE CRATE! This thing is perfect! The bottles all sit upside down so the paint is ready to roll at a whim's notice.


Tell me this doesn't look like a blast to play with! I have the crate with me in the kitchen at all times. I'm always popping a bottle open to dab this or enhance that. On furniture, crafty things, anything. Honestly, this little crate of goodness has opened up alot of new windows and doors for me. No longer do I have to wish I had the perfect colour to touch something up. I just whip up my own tone creation and enhance whatever I desire. How I did without these guys, I have NO idea.

I cannot wait to show you what I've been tinkering on! But I'm afraid I'm sworn to secrecy, as it's part of what I'm submitting for


Click HERE for my own original announcement

So I'm afraid you'll have to hang in there till next Sunday night for the reveal. Sorry! But I won't disappoint you! Once the post is up and running at SYTYCD, I'll be posting my full blown version with some tutorials back over here. I can't WAIT to show you what I've been playing with, thanks to all my new little bottled up friends. :)


I am SO BAD at keeping secrets. Here's a pic I won't be entering. One teeny tiny sneak peek. I just hope I don't get fired...

I LOVE my paints! All I can say is, thanks Miss Mustard Seed, for the kick in the right direction! Life is gooooood. :)

Do you stock crafty type acrylic paints? How do you store them?

No comments:

Post a Comment