Wednesday, February 10, 2010

21 things your house needs (part 1)~

The last Ballard's catalog that I received had a list of the 21 things that your house needs according to Traditional Home.

It was fun to read the list and see how I stacked up...

(because 21 things is a lot to cover in one post...and I'm sure y'all wouldn't want to stick around and read it all....I'm going to divide it in half...)

1. a place for your drink...
I actually talked about my lack of a coffee table here. And I'm still looking.

2. a console...
They make a great point that consoles are extremely versatile and can go from being a sideboard to being an entertainment center. So far on this list, however, I'm 0 for 2, unless you count my fabulous green buffet.



3. a lamp to read by...
I've got this one covered. As I mentioned in this post, the hubby and I pretty much live with just ambient lighting...we've got a gazillion lamps!!


4. knock-your-socks-off art...
Got this one covered too. Helps to have an artist for a father-in-law and a photographer for a hubby.


5. a cushy chair...
Check.

6. party-friendly portables...
They're talking folding chairs, portable tables, etc. Nope, not so much. I kind of lack extra seating in general...but that is a problem I aim to fix in this new house.

7. grown-up dinners....
Here they're talking about using nice dishes. Hmmm...four kiddos, two of them being the toddler demolition team. Oh, I own nice dishes, but they definitely don't come out very often...yet.
8. a versatile bookshelf...
I just adore this bookshelf. It's from PB, and it's amazingly versatile. A perfect size, nice tall shelves that are deep as well. It sits in the Princess' room in this house, and looks just as great! Love it!


9. natural fibers...
If you've read my blog for very long at all, you'll know I'm a HUGE fan of linen, burlap, etc. So, yeah, I've got that one covered.

10. A welcoming entry table...
Check. This black table (I guess this really is a console) is what we used in our last house...the green buffet is now playing the role of entry table...I guess they're right about consoles being versatile, huh?

11. A pretty place for laundry...
Yes, oh yes, I had one in my last house. This house has the laundry in the dungeon basement. We'll see what I can do about making it a nice place to be. Gulp.

So there you have it...half of Traditional Home's 21 things you need in your home. Come back tomorrow for the other half!

Until then, have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment