Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Art on the Cheap (again)~

Look at these fabulous prints I just added to our main bathroom!

Where did I get them, you ask? At my local fabric store. (JoAnn's to be exact.)

Yes, these lovely pieces of art are actually pieces of fabric. I have to tell you all a little secret...I have a little bit of a fabric infatuation. I have been scouring fabric stores lately...our new home is in dire need of pillows, curtains, etc. etc. And although on this particular trip I had no luck finding any fabric for the things I need, this lovely bird print caught my eye. I immediately thought that it would look good on my bathroom walls...yes I did...and I bought me half a yard. Now, because this is a quilting fabric...it is very lightweight...I personally wouldn't use it for a pillow or for curtains. But it was perfect for framing...and it was on sale. For half a yard I only paid $3.50 or so.

I had the 11x14 frames already. (Here's a hint...when you find yourself at W*lmart, always check their cheap $5 frames...a lot of them look really cheap, but occasionally they have good looking frames. When they do, buy a few....then when you need a frame, you'll have one, and you won't break the bank. Just remember...be picky...only buy the frames that don't look like they cost $5...know what I mean?)

I just wrapped the fabric around the backing cardboard and taped it with blue painter's tape to the back (removes easily, leaves no residue). I popped the cardboard back in the frame and had me some pretty prints for less than $7 each including the frames!

Check out other Art on the Cheap ideas I blogged about here , here and here.

Have a great Wednesday~

No comments:

Post a Comment