Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Serenity Now (and a couple of other important things)~

I've been having a bit of a stressful week. Actually that may be a bit of an understatement. I've been under so much stress that I gave myself the worst migraine I've had in ten years. Luckily, the hubby took the kids for the afternoon and I slept....for five hours....in the middle of the day....that NEVER happens.



So, I guess my point is, I need to relax. chill. veg out.



My decorating style isn't what one might call modern. I tend more toward cottage or traditional. But when I saw this beautiful modern home by Michael and Alexandra Misczynski in Veranda, it spoke to me. And you know what it said? Calm down. Isn't it serene? Lovely.



The tonal color palette.

The minimal accessories.

Very zen.

And uncomplicated.


Aaahhh. Serenity Now. (I miss Seinfeld, don't you?)



The winner of the Faded Prairie drawing is Brittany from The Dalomba Days. Congratulations Brittany!! Drop me an email and I'll get you set up with your lovely prize!!


Don't forget TOMORROW is the Frugal Friday Linky Party....MckLinky goes up at 12:00 MST for all you night owls. Get your Frugal OCD (Obsessively Consumed with Decorating) posts ready and come join the fun!



Oh, and just as important....So You Think You Can Decorate (SYTYCD) begins Sunday. I've been working really hard on this week's challenge...and I can't wait to share it with you!! But it has to remain a secret for now. I promise that after it appears on SYTYCD, I'll post it here in greater depth, so you can know everything there is to know about it. ;-) Please pop over and check out "reality blogivision" at its finest, and vote to save your favorite designer. (And if that vote should be for me, I won't argue!)


Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment