Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Baubles~

Yes, this blog is primarily a home design blog...but every once in a while I have to get my craft on, and then I have to share my creations with you!! When I saw this fabulous project in the February issue of Martha Stewart Living, I knew I was going to have to try my hand at it.

Photo from Martha Stewart Living


Now, I personally adore the size and sparkle-overload of the brooches, as well as the pale pink ribbon (yum!), that MS Living used for their version of the necklace, but I aim to use what I have - or can get my hands on for free at my mom's house - so for my version I used buttons. Yep, buttons...sparkly, rhinestone-covered buttons. And grey ribbon...because I'm a grey girl.

So, here is my interpretation.



And since no one can give a tutorial like Martha...here's the link.

Edited to add: I've had questions about how to attach the jump rings to the buttons...Martha explains it in her tutorial, but they have to have openwork around the edges. You can't tell that well in this photo, but each of the buttons has open areas around the edge that I could thread the jump rings through. ;-)


Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment