Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Words and Wire~

The kiddos have early release from school every day this week so we have long afternoons to fill. Yesterday we decided to spend time making Valentine's for the grandparents and cousins. Well, the kiddos made Valentine's. I took the opportunity to finally get to a project that has been on my to-do list ever since I saw it here.






So while the kiddos painted and glued, I shoved book pages onto a wreath form I created from a wire hanger. I have seen many of these sorts of wreaths made from burlap around blogland. And although I do love burlap...I'm a paper girl at heart. I couldn't resist making one with with book pages.





And it was so easy too!!! I grabbed an old book out of one of our unpacked boxes (yes, we still have many of those) in the basement and started ripping out pages. Then I just took a page at a time and folded it loosely into either thirds or fourths - I tried to mix it up to create movement and texture - and shoved it onto the hanger wreath form. It took about 100 sheets, but it went quickly. When I was done I just twisted the ends together and snipped off the excess with wire cutters. I did leave enough wire to create a hanger at the top. Easy-peasy!!





I don't know which I like more? My "well-read wreath" or this "words and wire" one. Wouldn't they both be great in a home office or library? I'm still up in the air where to put this one.


And on a totally unrelated subject...take a look who came to visit! It's Darth Toddler!!
Mr. Three was actually watching TV with this get-up on. How he could see, I don't know. But it sure makes me smile.




Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment