Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Art Of Hanging An Art Wall


After walking by the art laying on this paper mock up of the chalkboard wall for about 24 hours, its layout started to grow on me. So I decided to only move around a couple of the frames in reworking the design.


The square I use for many of my projects is the width of the distance I want between the frames. How lucky is this? It made lining up and squaring each frame to one another an easy and fast task.


Starting at the bottom and working up, a line is drawn around each frame.


(The frames have been shifted to show the outlines.)


The art is then removed, after marking the spot where picture hangers will be nailed on the wall for each piece.


And just to make hanging the frames simple, the name of each image is written within its outline.


The paper has already been taped up on the chalkboard wall, if I'm lucky I'll find a little time to nail some holes in the wall today! Almost done...

No comments:

Post a Comment