Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Reflections~

Another trip to my mother's house. Another treasure. Or in this case, three. (Sorry l'il sis...you ought to come visit more often.)



My mom offered me these three pretty little mirrors. They are really quite small, but their frames are just lovely...an aged, burnished brass. Of course, I haven't been much into brass for the last several years, but when something works, it works. And according to Lauren at Pure Style Home - love her blog - brass is back. (If used correctly of course...none of that bright 80's stuff, y'all.)




The mirrors were much too small to display by themselves, but together on the wall above la toilette in the main bath, they look lovely. And they play off the warm tones in the wall and the large mirror above the vanity (photo to come.)




Yeah, the top one has a little chip in the mirror. But small imperfections add character. I should know, I'm full of little imperfections...and I'm quite a character. Ha! But seriously, I don't mind the little chip...it just means that the piece was someone else's treasure before it was mine.

I'm loving them. So pretty, slightly unexpected, just perfect.

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment