Friday, February 12, 2010

21 things your house needs (part 2)~

So how did you all fare with the first 11 things that Traditional Home says you NEED in your house? I'm doing okay....not everything, but a good percentage.

Without further ado (is that how you spell it?) here are the remaining 10 items...


12. a hang out bed...
Hmmm....my bed isn't necessarily as pretty as I'd like it to be - although if you read this post you know it's going to get there...but my king size bed sure is comfy.




13. mirror mirror....
Oh yeah!! My house is filled with mirrors. Love them for bouncing light around.



14. a french connection...
I love all things French. Love toile. Vintage French images on pillows. Etc.



15. a place to put your feet up...
I like what they say in the Ballard's catalog about this, "If the slipper chair is the little black dress of home furnishings, then the ottoman would be the perfect pair of pumps." I agree.
There is an ottoman in front of this leather chair...I promise.



16. a truly comfortable sofa...
Our living room sofa is a slipcovered EKTORP from Ikea. It's surprisingly comfortable...although I don't know if I'd say "truly comfortable." But I love the slipcovers...I have this white one, and a tan one too...nice to change them out. (ignore the wrinkles please.)


17. a pillow wardrobe....
Um, have you been to my Etsy? This is definitely NOT a problem in my house. Lots of pillows...maybe too many. Can anyone actually ever have too many pillows?



18. eye-catching accessories...
I try, oh yes I do. I have a small infatuation with birds. But I make sure that my bird accessories aren't overkill. Don't want people walking in and thinking they're at the local aviary. (Don't make the mistake of letting your "themes" become overwhelming. When I was in college I liked cows...I know, I know, it was just a phase, I promise...pretty soon everyone I knew was giving me cow stuff...I was sick of it looooong before people finally caught on and quit gifting me with black and white cow print everything.)


19. patterns that make a statement...
I am infatuated with trellis patterns right now. Graphic. Pretty.



20. a touch of modern...
Not a lot in the way of modern furnishings going on in my house, but my art? That's tres moderne...in a good way.
I realize that for many people modern art can be an acuired taste, but I like to mix it with traditional pieces and photography. It gives my house a sense of sophistication without being overwhelming.



And last but not least...


21. a well-adjusted dining table...
I love my dining table. It's from PB and it has two leaves, so that we can seat a few or a lot! With 4 kiddos we have to keep one in at all times...but I love the fact that we have the option!



I had a lot of fun with this! Hope you did too!!

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment