Thursday, February 4, 2010

Home Office Redesign - Hunting For Frames


This is the start of the layout for the images and frames to be hung on the chalkboard wall.


After shopping my house I discovered two frames which will work nicely hung empty, but still need frames for a few of the images. So out I went to hunt for a collection of frames, with a list of measurements in hand. Why is it when you are looking for a very specific item that is the very thing you will not find?


"Value-Priced" translated to $50 for the frame I was interested in.


Wrong sizes...


more wrong sizes.



Wrong color. What is up with me today? Even at 50% off I could not be motivated to buy a frame that would then have to painted.


Goodwill, I just couldn't get inspired. One looked fairly promising, but with a broken corner I walked away.


Good prices, but nothing the right size. I had my tape measure to make sure.


Okay, for $22.95 I found a frame that is just right for one of the photos. At this point I was worn down and didn't care so much about the price tag. One of these left the store with me.


These...what do you think? One hanging in the group would certainly make for a fun joke on my husband.

This may take awhile. Is there a project that you are having a hard time pushing forward?

No comments:

Post a Comment