Saturday, February 13, 2010

Last Minute Valentine's Project~

With everything going on this week, I just realized that TOMORROW is Valentine's Day and I have yet to post my one and only Valentine's project I did this year. (Like I said, a lot going on right now.)

A couple of weeks back, I saw this darling PB Kids Valentine's pocket on this fabulous blog.

Photo from Blonde Design Blog


I decided that would be my Valentine's project for this year. But when I sat down to sew them up I discovered that my sewing machine needle was broken...and get this...I didn't have a spare. Nope. Nada. Sigh. What's a crafty mom in a time crunch to do? Enter big blue. My glue gun, that is.



I just hot glued them together. They didn't have any of the decorative stitching I had planned on, but they turned out cute just the same. And they literally took me 10 minutes each...including all the prep work. So even though I'm posting them the day before Valentine's day, you can still finish them in time. Really.



What do I plan to do with these? Well, I plan on having the family write love notes to one another and we'll stuff them in the envelope, and then read them at dinner on Valentine's day.

My sister and her family are here from California, so I made an one for them as well.

I sense the start of a nice Valentine's day tradition.

Happy Valentine's Day~

No comments:

Post a Comment