Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hanging Art On The Chalkboard Wall

I am determined to hang the art on the chalkboard wall by the end of the week. If it wasn't for the fact that I have an audience, you, I'd be seriously tempted to just start hanging the frames, hoping it would all work out! Instead, I decided I'd better formulate a plan.


If you read this post you know my initial shopping trip to find several frames was less than successful. Had I gone to Michael's first that wouldn't have been the case. After a stop there I came away with everything I needed to proceed with this project.


Now I can move on to art wall layout. Lengths of paper are rolled out and taped together, to replicate the size as the chalkboard wall.


Next the outline of the cabinet is drawn onto the paper...


providing a visual of what the art will be hung above.


Then I started playing around with the layout of the frames.


Adding more...


and more.


Roscoe had to come see what I was doing. Can you believe he later made a snack out of the small gold frame? I had special plans for that one, a small Valentine's Day gift for my husband. I'll try to repair it later today.


In the meantime, the layout isn't quite right yet...but I'll work it out. I'm realizing it was a good idea to use this paper rather than to randomly start hammering holes into the chalkboard wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment