Thursday, February 25, 2010

Enjoy Winter!

Hello! Happy Thursday!

It's the 25th of February which means it's time for a Christmas card to be posted for the Christmas All Year Long Group of our Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group (you can find a list of participants there). The start of this blog hop is at Julie's blog. This is our 2nd blog hop. My Christmas card is a tri-shutter card.

In celebration of the 2010 Winter Olympics which our city is hosting, I was trying to make this card a bit sportive. However, these are the only images that I have that have anything to do with winter sports...hee hee...nothing Olympian about this type of sledding, but they will have to do.

Laying the card flat on a table, the card looks like this:

I didn't use any designer paper for this card. Instead I've stamped my own with flourishes and snowflakes.
I've used lots and lots of glitter on this card. The snow-covered trees that are the background for the Tilda and Edwin images are made as per my tutorial here. They are covered in glitter. The same goes for are all the white fur trims on Tilda's cap and top/jacket, the heart on Tilda's pants and her hair bow.

I am using this card as my entry into the following challenges:
Hand Full of Stamps Challenge #17 - Sending you Wishes
2RedBananas - Banana Split Sunday Challenge - Behind the Scenes
Night Shift Stamping Challenge 6 - Winter Ade!
If you're following this blog hop, you would have come here from Monique's blog.
The next blog to go to belongs to Peggie.
Thanks for visiting. Enjoy the rest of the hop and have a wonderful day!


Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Sled from the 2007 Winter collection and Edwin on Sled from the 2009 So Jolly collection, Inkadinkadoo rubber stamp set Snowflake Trails, Magenta Let It Snow, Inkadinkadoo clear stamp set Season of Swirls.
Tools: Martha Stewart snowflake punch, EK Success snowflake punch, Marvy Uchida scallop oval and circle punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment