Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I had a headboard~

I have blogged before about our lack of a headboard. It wasn't always like that...


I had a headboard once.


Before my blogging days.


I loved that headboard.


The hubby made it for me for Christmas one year.


From this pattern by Martha Stewart.


Photo from Martha Stewart



It was beautiful...



And substantial...



And elegant in black...



But alas, in one of our 2000-or-so moves (okay, I am exaggerating just a bit) it was broken...
beyond repair...

and we have not had a headboard since.

In our new master bedroom the bed sits beneath a window.

So I guess it's okay that my substantial, tall, elegant Martha-inspired headboard is gone, because I need something lower in profile anyway.

Perhaps something like this...


That means that my goal in the next couple of months is to find the perfect architectural salvage piece.


Wish me luck~

No comments:

Post a Comment