Monday, January 18, 2010

In Praise of Under-Cabinet Lighting~

I've been enjoying this long weekend with the kiddos...having Wii contests with my 9 and 6-year-olds can be a humbling experience but it sure is a lot of fun! And we even managed to get them all to sit still long enough to take updated portraits...a triumph in itself!!

Before we get into the post, I want to make a little disclaimer. My photographic skills when it comes to interior house photography are still in the developmental phase. These photos aren't the best I've ever taken, but I know that you, my exceptionally clever readers, will get the idea despite my photographs.

So here we go...

In our last home, we did not have under-cabinet lighting. In fact, we've never had it in any of our homes. I've thought about it. I've thought that it would be a nice addition to the kitchen lighting scheme. But it's never been a priority. Until now.

Our current house has under-cabinet lighting. And now that I've experienced it. I. Will. Not. Go. Back. Neither the hubby nor I are fans of overhead lighting. We use ambient lighting almost exclusively...unless we have no other choice. We fill our house with lamps and use them, rather than the overhead fixtures, when at all possible. And now that I have under-cabinet lighting, that is the only way I light the kitchen in the evening. It's just dreamy.

Here are my (somewhat lacking) before and after photos...


BEFORE:


AFTER:


BEFORE:
AFTER:



The under-cabinet lighting floods down on these little vignettes and makes them POP! Not to mention the colors it brings out in both the slate tile backsplash and the corian countertops! I'm sold on it.


But because there can be limitations (and expense) to hardwiring under-cabinet lighting...I want you all to know that there are plug-in options available...in all price ranges. So go light up your kitchens!

Have a great Monday~

No comments:

Post a Comment