Sunday, January 10, 2010

Doors, anyone?~

Apparently, when our house was remodelled, the owners didn't feel the need to put doors on any of the bedroom closets. And that's not all bad. In fact, I adore this child's room by Candice Olsen which has no door on the closet.




I liked it so much, that I did something similar in my boys' room in our last house.



Of course, both of the closets just pictured are walk-in closets. And both Candice and I created little "retreats" for the kiddos within the closet. (See that cute little desk in my boys' closet? They just loved sitting there and playing school...or using it as a counter for the general store...etc.)

Here is my little boys' closet in this house.

As you can see, it isn't a walk in closet, and the opening is double wide. So here is my dilemma. I love the idea of placing a curtain pulled to the side over the door to camouflage the interior a bit. But I'm not sure if two curtains (one on each side) might be overkill.

I'm using my repurposed drawer and it's sister (which hasn't been redone yet) to hide unsightly storage on the shelf, but I'd really like to not have to see the clothes.

This is where you come in, my clever readers. All three closets on the main floor are in the same condition. They look great. Their interiors have been painted. The Princess' closet even has an organizer. But I'd like to camouflage them a bit. (Especially the one in the Master bedroom because it has sooooo much stuff in it, and it's just not restful to have to look at the clutter.)

What do you all think I should do? Does anyone have any clever (and not permanent) solutions? I will probably go with the pulled back curtains...at least in the kids' rooms...but the Master kind of has me stumped. And no, there are no closet doors hiding out in the basement...and I'd rather not invest in any.

So that's my dilemma for the day...any suggestions would be appreciated. Greatly appreciated.

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment