Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Case Of The Missing Home Design Event At Target

It has become a tradition that I look forward to each January: The Home Design Event held at Target. As holiday decor is cleared out a new temporary shop emerges full of interesting home decor.


Originally called "World Market" last year it was renamed the "Home Design Event", with a more contemporary point of view. For a brief time the aisles are filled with the good (and the sometimes not so good) finds from here and there around the world.

One gift under my tree this year was a Target gift card and I held onto to, despite several trips to Target, awaiting the arrival of this event. I happily anticipated finding at least one little treasure to bring home with the card.

Here are my finds from the last several years...shown in a variety of rooms in our current and previous home, if you are confused with the below images!

Metal Clock With Alligator Texture. My all time favorite find.



Buddha Head and Rustic Disk. The peaceful face inspired me to bring it home.





A Wooden Horse. Perfect for a boy's room.


A Globe With A Drawer. Also for Max's room(s), he stashes away his latest treasures in the tiny compartment.



And last year, The Flower Bowl. Love.



But look what awaited shoppers, and myself, this year.


I'm sorry Target, I am completely uninspired. I can stock up on TP any time of year.

I understand it may not have continued to make business sense, with the current state of the economy, but I will miss this tradition.

Perhaps I'll make another tradition. Shopping for shoes. Look at the little cuties I found in Target's shoe aisle. Can you believe I carried away both with my $25.00 gift card plus $1?


I would like to see pillows inspired by these shoes! I am tempering my expectations on how they will hold up to wear...but how completely adorable.



p.s. I see Target has an online Home Design Event through Saturday on their website, but it just isn't the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment