Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bedroom Idea Board~

In our last house, the master bedroom was somewhat ignored. I gave it a sort of bandaid makeover, and it was liveable and pleasant, but not just what I wanted. I decided that won't happen again.

Photo from our previous master bedroom


And so I've been gathering ideas and inspiration. And today I thought I'd share a little bit of that with you.


A couple of weeks ago, I spotted this lovely room on Houzz.com. And it became my inspiration photo.
hhbradys bedroom ideabook  bedroom
The color palette is perfect!! Dove gray, white, cream, dark brown and pale blue. As I said....perfect.


Then I remembered this room from Serena and Lily.



If you have read my blog for a while, you may remember me sharing the same room here.

I love this room for many of the same reasons that I love the first room. But it adds in a color that I really want to add to my room and that is... flax. The walls in our Master are already painted a flax-y beige color, and that is not changeable. I was slightly worried about that, but in the Serena and Lily room, you can see how well they work together.

I love the idea of the all white bedding, but I want to add in some texture. Last week I shared the smocked bedding from Anthro...I love it. But my heart still belongs to this ruched quilt...also from Serena and Lily. I. must. have. it. ;-)



Rather than an upholstered headboard, I'm going to stick with the architectural salvage piece I talked about here. I still haven't found exactly what I'm looking for...but I have found ideas...you'll all have to wait and see. (bwa ha ha ha!)


Photo from Country Living

But, the gray damask I simply can't give up. Luckily, Serena and Lily sells fabric by the yard, so it is actually possible to purchase the lovely dove damask from them. Or I also found a fabulous gray damask from Duralee. I plan to use the damask on Euroshams and as an oversized accent pillow. Although the damask bedskirt in my inspiration photo looks pretty tempting as well.



Gray Damask from Duralee


Every bedroom needs a nice chair. I am in love with the Sparrow Chair (on the left) again from Serena and Lily. But I'm pretty sure it's out of my budget range....so I'll have to find something else that will do. (she sighs longingly).




And finally, a lovely rug. Not sure what to do for this one exactly. The rug in the Serena and Lily room is fabulous!! It looks like tile to me. I adore it! Maybe I can find something similar. (she sighs longingly again.)



Throw in a few pale blue accents...and refinish our existing dressers (pics to come) and I think we'll have a winner!

Can't wait to share the process with you all.

The chalkboard reveal has to be pushed back to next week. The hubby and I thought we had enough wood on hand to make the frame, but turns out we were wrong. Had to make an emergency wood run late yesterday, and won't have the board finished until this weekend. But, hey, it's something to look forward to for next week, right?
Up tomorrow...a design consultation!

Have a great Thursday~

No comments:

Post a Comment