Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Few Things About Gift-wrapped Walls, Some Vintage Etsy Goodness, and a Winner~

First...I have a few questions that came up on yesterday's post that I wanted to answer.


1. The most asked question....Where did I get that fabulous paper? I purchased the wrapping paper for $7.89 from Tai-Pan trading - a local store in Utah with one location in California. Unfortunately, I don't remember the brand and I threw the packaging away (what kind of blogger am I?) I'll see if I can find out for you all the next time I'm at the store. (I checked out their website and they don't offer online shopping...sigh.)


2. I have used regular desk staples to do similar projects in the past - and they work great - but this time I used my staple gun. I only stapled around the edges, and then once or twice where the seam is. The staples may have shown on a more subdued paper, but as luck would have it, the pattern really hides them. (If you click on the photo below to enlarge it, and look carefully, you can see one of the staples...but it's not that noticeable.)




3. I didn't consider using mod podge to seal the paper, or applying fabric with liquid starch (although I love that idea) because I want to avoid anything that might make for a messy removal process since this is a rental house. Does anyone have experience with removing wall coverings applied with liquid starch. Is it really as easy as they claim?


4. The bag is from DownEast Basics. They don't have this particular style anymore, but they do have a fabulous line of clothing and accessories (their clothes just keep getting better each season! Love them!)


And finally, not a question, but my favorite comment from yesterday's post was from Mary who says, "Personally I LOVE the juxtaposition of the bold wall pattern to the sign that says 'simplify.'" I hadn't thought about it at the time, but boy is she right!


Next, I wanted to share two of the latest vintage goodies that I will be adding to my Etsy.

First up! This sweet little turquoise vase in a funky blossom stand. I just love this! And, you know, turquoise is Pantone's color of 2010! I personally, think this vase would look fabulous with some Gerbera Daisies sticking out the top! It has some serious personality!







And if you're like me, I have a soft spot for vintage silverware...especially when it's been engraved. This sweet baby spoon bracelet features an engraving on the ladle portion of the spoon that appears to be a name. I can't quite make it out, but you know it was important to someone once upon a time. I just love imagining the stories behind sweet pieces like this one.




Finally, the winner of the Lisa Leonard $75 gift certificate giveaway is... Twig from Twig Decor! Drop me an email Twig...and we'll get you set up with your prize!!

Thanks for being such great readers!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday~

No comments:

Post a Comment