Monday, January 25, 2010

Teal Tilda

Hello! Happy Monday.

And welcome to the January Blog Hop of Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group's Christmas All Year Long Group. Is that quite a mouthful or what! The aim of this group is to post a Christmas card on the 25th of each month so that by the time Christmas comes around you will have a dozen cards, or rather eleven. I know I will need more than that, but that's the least that I will have!

We're doing this as a blog hop--my first. Woo hoo! My name is listed somewhere in the middle of the group of participants. If you started from the beginning of the list--you would have started with Julie's card--Julie is the initiator of this group. And if you faithfully follow down the list, then you would have come here from Monique's blog. (Hmm...I don't know if you actually have to start at the beginning though, as the list goes in a circle anyway.)

So, this is my Christmas card.



To make this card I used Nicole's wonderful sketch that she's provided for the Truly Scrumptious Challenge #24.

During this past holiday season, I bought this thick book of a collection of Christmas DP's and a lot of the pages have the colour teal in them, so I've decided to make the colour scheme for this card a monochromatic teal.

I am using this card as my entry to the Simon Says Challenge with their theme this week Punch It!!!

I went a little overboard with the punched leaves for the mistletoe branch. I could have continued to the top of the card with them..hee hee.., but I did stopped half way.

I've added a sprinkling of glitter to the top of Tilda's dress and also her pockets. Hope you can see that in this close-up.

This is also my entry to the Cutie-Stampers Challenge #39 - Magnolia.

Okay, that's it! I've kept this as short as I can, as I'm sure you're anxious to move on to the next card in thei blog hop. Thanks for visiting. I would be most appreciative if you can spare a moment to leave me a few words.

Your next stop is the super talented Pam Sparks--her blog Expressions With Heart. You do not want to miss seeing her card. I kid you not! Her colouring technique is awesome. Enjoy the rest of the hop.


Stamps: Magnolia Tilda under the Mistletoe, "Deck the Halls" sentiment from Basic Grey clear stamp set Santa Baby.
DP's: All from DCWV Holiday Stack Collection.
Tools: EK Success leave punch.
Misc.: Recollections pearls and brads

No comments:

Post a Comment