Saturday, January 16, 2010

Drapery Panels - Answering A Few Questions

After yesterday's post I received requests for more information on how to select Hooks & Rings versus Clips, images showing how to Attach the Hardware and what Lining was used. So here is a little addendum.


Here are the options: Hook & Ring or Ring & Clip. I prefer to use the Hook & Ring combination, the choice in which the "mechanics" of the hardware are not seen on the front of the drapery panel.


That is what I used to hang the drapes in the Girl's Dream Bedroom. The look is very finished, with the rings just showing above the top edge of the drapes.

In the Home Office Redesign Rings with Clips are used. Why? I found them on the cheap and they work well with the Umbra Loft hardware I selected from Target. With the hardware, drapes and wall color all on the dark side, in addition to the drapes being hung quite high, it works. The clips virtually fade away.


And now, attaching the hardware to the drapes: With the Ring & Clip style, just clip on the hardware at the intervals that have been measured out and marked along the top width of the drapery panel.


With the Hook & Ring solution, insert the drapery hook, making sure to only pierce through one layer of fabric, at each of the intervals marked by a pin. Then slide the hook through the hardware attached at the bottom of the ring.


Here both styles are shown attached to the top of the drapery panel.


After the drapery panels are hung, looking straight on the clips are quite visible. But the only way I'll be looking at the tops of the panels is while I'm on a ladder...from my usual vantage point the clips don't look so bad.

Finally the lining. I am a big fan of Roc-Ion's Rain No Stain Lining. It is 100% cotton, crease resistant, insulates, is a UV inhibitor and has a smooth finish. The smooth finish part is important, so that the lining and panels don't cling together. And the bonus, it is very affordable and sold at JoAnn Fabrics.

I hope that answers all the questions! Have a wonderful weekend and if you haven't already done so...stop by here and enter my Stella & Dot Giveaway. The new styles make me wish for a lovely Spring Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment