Thursday, January 7, 2010

Black Pearl Tilda - Cute Card Thursday Challenge #94

Happy Thursday everyone!

Woo hoo!! I've been given the privilege of being a Guest DT at the Cute Card Thursday Challenge Blog for this week and the next. Thank you Caz for the opportunity.

The challenge for their Week 94 is: All New - they want to see your cards/projects that feature something new. It can be new stash, new year, new baby, new school term...really it is up to you...as long as there is something NEW! And this is my card.

I have actually used three new products for this card. The Magnolia image of Dinner Tilda I have actually bought from Magnolia-licious a while back, but this is the first chance I have of using it on a card, so it's newly used..LOL.

A couple of new tools I have acquired over the holiday season. One of them is the Martha Stewart border punch featuring flowers. I made the paper lace with it and you can probably figure out how I did it. Here's how anyway: cut a 1" in strip of paper and punch on both sides of the strip as shown below.

***Edited: I've now done a sort-of tutorial on Paper Laces. If you're interested, click here: Paper Lace Toturial. ***
The other new tool I got is a Spellbinders Nestabilities.
I have used one of my favorite colour schemes for this card, which is to take black & white and then add one other colour.
I gave Tilda a bit of style by having her wearing her black pearl necklace and bracelet... hee hee.

I am not really sure what I am going to use this card for, so I have left it blank with no sentiment. I can easily add a sentiment to suit the occasion at a later date.

Thanks for visiting. Enjoy your day!

Stamp: Magnolia Dinner Tilda from the Yummy for Your Tummy collection .
DP's: Chatterbox Studio Poppies, DCWV 12x12 BLK & WHT Splats, don't know what the purple paper is called--no writing on the back.
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch Flower, Spellbinder Nestabilities Labels 2 die-cut with Big Shot, EK Success retro flower punch, McGill Flowers-Petite Petals punch, McGill twig punch.
Misc. Vintage Attic Treasures, Mark Richards and Reflections Autumn pearls.




No comments:

Post a Comment