Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Big Chalkboard Plans~

Remember this photo of our kitchen wall?




The photo looks lovely, but in reality, the wall is very big...and...very...empty. So I thought. And thought. And thought some more. About what I felt would be the best way to fill that big, empty wall.


I knew I wanted a statement piece.

And then I remembered this photo of Heather Chadduck's dining room.



And this photo from Cottage Living.




And after I told the hubby that I wanted to put a giant chalkboard on the wall (and he agreed, bless his impeccably stylish little heart) I found this image in my latest Pottery Barn magazine.

It seems I'm not alone in my love of chalkboards (she states sarcastically).


I'm so excited!! The hubby and I are going to look for wood today so that he can make me a giant chalkboard.


Just call it an anniversary gift. 14 years today. I am so grateful to be married to my best friend.

xoxo
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment