Thursday, January 21, 2010

For The Love of Smocking~

I adore smocking...

And when I say that, I bet you all thought of something like this...

Dress by Anavini available at bestdressedchild.com

Yes, I love this sort of smocking. In fact, I couldn't get enough of it when the Princess was a baby. But that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm actually talking about something more like this...


Chandler Smocked Teastained Curtains available at La Belle Maison


How amazing are these curtains? I first saw a set of these lovelies at my sister-in-law's home a few weeks ago. She redid her girls' room and used some of these on the windows. I. fell. in. love. (I promise to do a post on that room one of these days....AMAZING!) But I digress.

I decided that I need some of these for the Princess' new room. Their price tag, however, was a little too rich for my blood (and if her husband reads this...I'm sure she got them on sale). Just wait 'til you see my solution. I make you all wait to see things a lot, don't I? Sorry about that. Really.

Then today, my little boys and I were doing a bit of shopping - using Christmas gift cards, what else? And since I was nearby, I decided to take a stroll though Anthro. (Note to self for future reference...the toddler demolition team and Anthro do not mix.) In the few minutes I was able to look around before I started to get worried that things might get broken, I saw this...

Anthropologie Crowned Crain Bedding

Anthro's Crowned Crane bedding. Simply amazing. I wanted to crawl right up on the display bed and take a snooze, but I thought the sales girl might not appreciate having to babysit my boys. I'll tell you what though, I may just have to start a new duvet cover fund. It was that good.

What about you, my dear readers? Do you like smocking?

EDITED TO ADD: I have had a couple of readers tell me about PB's smocked drapes. Hello?? With as much as I look at the Pottery Barn catalog and website, how did I miss these? Seriously.

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment