Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Little Fireplace Inspiration~

Our house has two fireplaces. I love fireplaces, but until now, we've never lived in a home that actually had one. And so I find myself looking for inspiration on how to decorate these two fireplace mantels.

With that in mind, here's a little fireplace inspiration for you today...

Image from Country Living

Personally, I love the idea of a mirror over the fireplace (definitely the approach we're taking for our upstairs fireplace. And here, I also love the repetition of the 4 topiaries. Simple. Pretty. (And did you notice the towels in the background? Yeah, it's a bathroom. Swoon.

This image is from Pottery Barn. What I really love here? The mix of finishes. Wood, silver, metal. And the bird's nest under the cloche (it's partially cut off in this image...you might want to look in the catalog to see the full effect.) I'm also really lovin' the silver finish on the mirror. A little sparkle never hurt anybody. ;-)

Image from Country Living
I just love a shabby, white fireplace. This one is gorgeous. What I'm really loving here is the layering of mirrors.


Image from Country Living

I like this mantel for its simplicity. Love the cloches. Love the mercury glass. (Could use a touch of color however.)


Image from Restoration Hardware
I love the convex mirror in this photo. I also love the topiaries, although personally, I think the scale is a little off. In general, I'm not a huge fan of symmetry in decorating, but I like the symmetrical look of this mantel. Very calming.

What's your favorite way to dress up a fireplace?


Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment