Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Tween Room - For the Love of IKEA~

It occurred to me that I haven't talked about Mr. One's Tween room in a while. So I thought I'd give you all a little update today.




As you may remember, I had some grand plans before my budget for his room was suddenly gone. So I made do with what I had already purchased.


One of the things we were lucky enough to have purchased before our budget ran out was the IKEA Expedit workstation. I love this desk/bookshelf combo.



This is the version we purchased for Mr. One's room...it has a black/brown finish. I love the clean modern lines. And the storage...Oh, the storage! It was easy to put together with the help of the hubby.


Just a hint: If you happen to put together this bookcase with your spouse, please make sure you are both in good communication mode that day. So that when you ask him to "hold it up for a minute", he doesn't hear "put it down" (because those two things sound so similar) and accidentally drop said bookcase on your little toe causing a huge purple bruise that lasts a week and half. Don't worry, I've long since forgiven the Hubby for his lapse in listening skills. Really, I have.Now on to other things...

This Dignitet display system is still on my list of to-buys for Mr. One's room (and my office for that matter.) Isn't it a fab way to display art? And Mr. One is quite the artist. Yes he is. I plan on hanging it above the Expedit workstation.


In the meantime, I have something up my sleeve for Mr. One's room...that I plan to hang above the workstation in the interim.

Here's a hint...What do Anthropologie, a 2-liter soda bottle, and a Styrofoam sphere have in common? Well, you'll have to wait until Frugal Friday to find out...but it will be worth the wait! (I hope anyway.)

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment