Friday, July 9, 2010

Picket tablerunner idea



I have a dark island top which happens to be metal. While it's really cool, I've been on a rampage to get more whites into the mix, so I came up with a quick fix table runner to better highlight the area.


Find some dream pickets from an old fence, clean them up abit, and there you have an instant table runner, rustic fence style. :)


I trialed this one before showing you because I wanted to report if it functioned well or not. And I'm pleased to say, I love it! It's a great place to put items you'd use for mealtimes as well.


 As my island is large, these massive pickets fit the bill nicely! And they tie in wonderfully with the...


... kinda picket like home office right next to it, as well as the...


... living room old gate screens. It finally feels like this place is making sense and slowly coming to completion! Until I change things again of course. :)

Would oversized pickets be too large for your own table? How about some little self made pickets?


Smack'em on random like and you get the same kind of result.



Something else fun that could also work would be an old shutter. I did something similar on my tablescape cow sign corner.

Some cool projects don't have to take weeks to dream up. Just mess around with what you have and create something uniquely thought up by you!

I can see it now. Every neighborhood that has a picket fence is in grave danger...

What have you used for a table runner that was out of the norm?

~ ~ ~ ~

I'm going to link up to my own party over at:



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


See you tonite! And remember to bring your old drawers with you. (that sounded weird)


No comments:

Post a Comment