Thursday, July 8, 2010

Frugal Friday~

I originally shared this project back in November of last year...but a good project bears repeating, and so I am sharing it with you all again for today's Frugal Friday...

Many moons ago I saw these pretty bulletin boards in a PB catalog. I. fell. in. love. I knew that I had to have them. But I also knew I didn't want to pay the PB price. What's a Frugal OCD (Obsessively Consumed with Decorating) girl to do? Why, make them of course!



First, I stopped at my favorite thrift/junque/antique shop and found a couple of old frames. (I got both for only $5!) Then, after I started painting the first one, I remembered to take a before photo.




I gave each frame a coat of Nantucket White by Ralph Lauren. Just one coat, because I wasn't interested in creating pristine looking frames. I wanted them to look a little shabby. To add to the shabby-ness, I took a sanding block and knocked a little paint off the tops of the relief.







Then to make the pin-boards, I just wrapped some pretty linen around some cardboard and hot glued it on the back. I would really recommend getting some foam core for a project like this, but I was aiming to use what I had. Popped them in their respective frames and VOILA!





Perfectly pretty places to pop all my project notes. (yes, I'm practicing my alliteration today.)
Now it's your turn!
You all know "da rules"...
1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog...otherwise people who look at the party later on might not be able to find the post you intended.
2. Please link back to the Shabby Nest so that others can enjoy the Frugal Goodness!
3. Comment, comment, comment! Please show our participants "the love".





No comments:

Post a Comment