Monday, July 12, 2010

I Gitter upped the pool!

FJI's Gitter Done! challenge


It's time for the fluffiest of towels to head outdoors, for the pool is finally up!


Thanks to the 1 week challenge I threw out there, this month long procrastination is now complete!


And what's with all this additional pretty stuff you see? I've been busy! :)


First up, we needed to drag the pool out of the garage somehow. It was in it's box and I wasn't into throwing my back out, so when I spotted the scooter,  being the junkin' fool that I am, I had my son balance the box as I scooted the works out. Well, it worked awesome. Dear scooters across the land, you have other duties now, so rest up! Who needs a $300 dollie when you have a $10 scooter I say.

And one of my BBF without a doubt, the 'ol air compressor paid a visit too. I turned the pressure down to barely a breath to...


... inflate the outer ring. First the tarp was laid on the ground, then you position the pool, clean it and filler up. I was so impressed I found all the parts for the pump and everything!


 Two days of water filling later,  (and 3 rounds of patching leaks.. grrr... ) tadaaaa!!! Tell me this doesn't want you to dive in at this given moment! But it was ice cold, so it needs abit of hot weather to warm up some first.


What's this you ask? Well now, how can one stop at just a pool? We need RUST. And a place to hang towels. So I found some random hooks from my metal stash and...


... screwed them onto an old gate simply leaning against the house near the pool.




I love how non permanent this is. I can still use the gate elsewhere if I so desire. :) This would be cool in a bathroom... hmmm...


Oh, but we aren't done quite yet. I had two chairs that simply sat all by their lonesome behind the pool on the sidewalk. Not very enticing but it didn't take much to change that.


Dear blue smurf pool, if I can't beat you, I may as well join you! So there. Nothing too fancy nor permanent.  Just, more homey. The pillows were just found at a thrift yesterday. The crate between the chairs serves as a side table as well as...


... storage for all the required pool necessities. The plant in front sort of camouflages it. Sort of. It is what it is. I just wanted the stuff very accessible and seen by any that used the pool. For now. :)


A little something hot to drink you gasp?!? It's too cold around here for lemonade it appears. As soon as the pool came out, so did the clouds. Yeah. You heard that right.


Didn't stop one happy dude in the least. I swear this boy has polar bear igloo flannel shirt true blue maple leaf Oh Canada blood. Bring on the firepit and quilt for me! Hot tea anyone?

Any other backyard pool people out there?  

Tell me whatcha got! And any tips welcome. I'm so tempted to upgrade to one without this goofy inflatable ring... I 'bout died when my neighbor put up a new pool with a WHITE exterior. Well it's about smurfin' time! Blue belongs inside I say. Underwater.

Ohhh... can you imagine a metal exterior complete with rivets? Or how about a big 'ol crate looking thing? I missed my calling as a pool designer it appears.


FJI's Gitter Done! challenge


Check out below! I brought company. :)

(This is an exclusive linkup only and must be inspired by the GD challenge.  Full meal deal rules are listed  HERE. )



No comments:

Post a Comment