Thursday, July 8, 2010

Elisabeth Bell



Cuttlebug Cut & Emboss Brocade Window

Open Cut and emboss folder


Sorry I have been away for a while.  We had a death in our family plus I haven't been feeling very well.

Today I received an order from Joan's Gardens and one of the new things is this Cuttlebug Cut & Emboss Folder "Brocade Window".  Do you have any of these new folders?  This folder embosses a 5x7 inch piece of card stock and cuts out the center all in one roll through the Cuttlebug .  I used a piece of white card stock for my card but if you go to Joan's Gardens, Joan has posted a beautiful card sample for the next challenge using this folder.  She has added colors to the embossed design.  You can see her card here

The card I made today will be entered in the Color Throwdown  #100 challenge.  There are tons of prizes that will be given away so you should check it out.

The design on my card is the Whiff Of Joy "Elisabeth Bell".  She was colored using the required colors.  The background was sponged with baja breeze ink.  The new Cuttlebug emboss & Cut Folder was used for the frame around her.  Some vellum flowers and leaves were added in the upper corner.  Elisabeth Bell looks like she has her eyes closed and is making a wish so I decided to use this salutation  from the JustRite set "Just A Note".  It was stamped then a small circle Nestie was used to emboss around the words then sponged with baja breeze ink. The entire piece was then cut out with a scallop Nestie and sponged on the edges.  Around the edges of the frame I used pieces of card stock in each of the required colors to create a colorful frame.

The Cuttlebug Cut &  Emboss folder, Whiff Of Joy stamp, Just Rite Stamp and vellum were purchased from Joan's Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment